Bill's


On Tuesday night we headed to Bill's in Brighton. This was originally a restaurant mixed in with a grocers in Lewes and I think the Brighton branch was the second to open. It's now run by the same guys behind the Cote brand of French restaurants with about 10 branches around the country.

With a party of eight we started with a mixture of starters to share -two each of the mini cumberland sausages and Bill’s sharing mezze board together with Crab spring rolls. The honey glazed sausages were awesome! apologies to my end of the table for holding up devouring them while I tried to get my darn camera to focus!!! While I love the Fuji X100 its minimum focusing distance is about half a mile :-(

mini honey glazed cumberland sausages


Bill’s sharing mezze board

For main I had the rib eye steak with some purple flowering broccoli on the side (not pictured). The steak was well cooked (a bloody medium rare) although the mustard hollandaise sauce didn't seem to have much flavour. The skinny fries were excellent examples of that kind of thing (I'm a Northern chip shop kinda guy, but that doesn't really suit steak ;). There was a bit too much broccoli left at the end as no one else seemed interested in reaching their five portions of veg that day!!

10oz chargrilled rib eye steak


Of course we were persuaded into a dessert and I have to say I loved the raspberry flavours in the creme brûlée, but I didn't think the vanilla was strong enough. I also tasted the lemon meringue pie cheese cake and wish I'd ordered that! It's pure indulgence in a cup!!

raspberry and vanilla creme brûlée

Comments