What's the name about? and my fav spots in Brighton

So, what's the blog name about you may have asked yourself? Why can't this fool spell Please?! Well my dear reader, once upon a time (in the past 6 or so months) I was out with some of the guys and the waitress came out with the food, she called out my order so I said "Yes Purlease!", like that. I was trying to stop my voice from being too deep (I often get confused for being mardy when I'm not ;) or too monotone. Unfortunately I ended up torturing the word please and have the gentle mocking of my companions to this day.

So, the kind of venues that I enjoy and will probably visit and then write about are local, independent(ish) places run by people who know and care about the products that they sell. Luckily there are a number of these places in Brighton within a stone's throw of my flat. For a fry up at the weekend nothing beats the Seven Bees cafe. For an excellent burger The Troll's Pantry is currently the place in town. La Choza has tasty mexican street food, including awesome pulled pork. Lots of places do nice coffee, I like Cafe Marwood and Taylor Street Barista (both have a strong antipodean flavour). I love tapas and the twins of Solera D Tapa and Bodega D Tapa are both well worth a visit. I'm also partial to the odd glass of wine and some bites served on boards, so Ten Green bottles is great. To finish off the night nothing beats a good cocktail, luckily we have two decent venues right next to each other! Bar Valentino and Oki-nami. Hmmmm ....

Enjoy your weekend and until next time! .....


Vaguely Related Reading

One of my university linguistics lecturers has written a blog post on Saying 'please' in restaurants that is well worth the read.

Comments