La Choza

La Choza has been open a couple of months now and I've been a few times in the past couple of weeks. Even though the outside is painted in a shockingly loud pink, it took me a while to spot this place. Even though I work nearby and pass this street all the time!


The very pink outside decoration
Anyway, one thing that has been consistently good in both takeaway and eat in form has been the food. Tender, well seasoned meat with soft rice and refried beans. Delish. There is a very friendly laid back atmosphere from both the staff and patrons. Lots of people seemed to know each other with a bit of a muesli mountain (Hanover for any out-of-towners) kinda vibe. I've noticed since going a few times that a lot of the reviews feature the pulled pork in a Burrito. Mine is no different :-) The BBQ shack pulled pork is awesome every time.



Burrito, this one is pulled pork

One comment that my companion had was that they needs a sauce between Chipotle (medium) and Habenero (very hot), and I have to say that I concur. I can't cope with overly hot food, but I like a bit of a kick and the Habenero sauce is a bit much for me. I'd be tempted to kick one of the mild salsas - probably the green salsa.

For some reason though, when I order the Burrito Bowl I get a plain Burrito. When others in the same group order for me then I get the bowl!! Not sure what I'm doing wrong, think I need food ordering lessons :-)

Babacoa Goat Tacos (after a slight attack ;)
Oh after reading that they had a goat special on twitter I headed on down to get some. I love goat meat and take most opportunities to eat it. As I've come to expect from La Choza my Babacoa Goat Tacos were excellent, with soft seasoned meat. I wish that this wasn't a special and part of the normal menu! the only downside was that on this visit there was a bit of a delay in my order, I seem to have been unlucky though and I think it was down to a large order just before mine. The next table to arrive got their food quite promptly (and it wasn't mine as it was a Beef Burrito :)

Oh and my next visit has to include a Margarita, they looked pretty good and the table next to me were enjoying theirs! On my one night visit I wasted it by having a beer! 

Further reading

The Graphic Foodie's review - includes the angle of shot for the burrito I should've done (and may well have by the time you read this post ;)
Brighton Source's review - love the taco photo in their review!

Comments