Hobbs

Another post from a trip to "that there London town" as my fictional Irish mum calls it. And another first, the first post that I've used a photo by someone else!

Down in Borough Market is Hobbs on Bedale Street. It's an awesome vendor of street food and in particular slow cooked pork. I headed there with a gaggle of companions (mostly of the good kind ;) and the majority of us went for the pulled pork bap. We lucked out as we had our baps made from a fresh batch of pork. This was excellent meat, moist and tender served up with a bit of BBQ sauce and some coleslaw. For a quick and hearty snack I can't recommend this enough ... unless you are a vegetarian.


I was too busy eating, so photo by Mr Wuest
As well as white and brown baps this is available in a baguette. The only minor downsides were that coleslaw was a bit inoffensive and could've done with a bit more of a kick to it and I don't like crusty bread, so would've loved to get my mouth around a floury bap. The hog roast looked awesome with nice thick bits of crackling, which I wasn't lucky enough to try this time! Also nearer the London Bridge station end of Bedale Street is a bakery that sells large cup cakes exploding in chocolatey goodness.

Think that next time I'll have to go for the lush looking hog roast, which is also 50p cheaper :-)

Further Reading

Coca cola pulled pork - 3 ingredient pulled pork recipe
My Borough Market Photos on Flickr
Southwark Cathedral

Comments